JUNO-nominated rock band, The Glorious Sons stopped by Chicago on March 14 at Schubas Tavern to play their infectious indie rock and get the full house dancing. Hailing from Canada, brothers Brett (vocals) and Jay Emmons (guitar) played songs of their beautifully crafted heartfelt and nostalgic second LP, Young Beauties & Fools – available everywhere now.
Kicking the night off with ‘Godless, Graceless And Young,’ the band brought the house down with their fun and lively set that included hits off of Young Beauties & Fools such as ‘Josie,’ ‘Sawed Off Shotgun,’ and ‘My Poor Heart.’ The room was buzzing off the band’s energy – which never let down – soaking in the band’s stunning tracks and sound. The Glorious Sons bring back nostalgic rock and indie with the mix of blues along with carefully crafted lyrics. The band are definitely standouts in today’s alternative and should be in on everyone’s radar. Check out photos from their set above!
Watch the video for their single “Everything Is Alright” below. Make sure to catch The Glorious Sons on the road next month with The Struts.
FFO: Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, Kings of Leon
The Glorious Sons Tour Dates:
- 5/08/18 – Bloomington, IL @ The Castle Theatre ^
- 5/11/18 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues ^
- 5/14/18 – Madison, WI @ Majestic Theatre ^
- 5/17/18 – Kansas City, MO @ The Truman ^
- 5/18/18 – Gulf Shores, AL @ Hangout Music Festival ^
- 5/22/18 – Seattle, WA @ The Showbox ^
- 5/23/18 – Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre ^
^ w/ The Struts